Health Care Assistant With Excursions Responsibilities
13 Nov 2017
Crosby & Perrin Recruitment Solutions Ltd
|Add this job to my basket|
DescriptionHealth Care Assistant with Excursion Responsibilities (Driver)
Crosby and Perrin recruitment are currently working with a well established national charity and the largest provider of respite holidays for disabled people and carers in the UK. Celebrating over 50 years of service, we offer nearly 5,000 life-changing breaks a year, and welcome nearly 2,000 volunteers to help create a truly memorable holiday experience for people who need 24 hour nursing care.
The role here is of a mixed type, as well as have Health & Social Care duties you will be expected to man the excursions mini bus. Meaning you will require a UK drivers licence (max 6 points) and due to insurance, you will need to be 21 years of age plus.
Put simply, you will be required and be the one responsible for driving the company mini bus, doing (taught) safety checks, filling up on petrol and making sure everybody gets from A to B safely.
• 37.5 hours per week. This will include unsociable hours such as evenings and weekends. The centre is also open for Christmas and New Year.
• £7.83 to £8.04 per hours, dependent on qualifications in Health & Social Care.
• To deliver modern high-quality care for disabled people in a holiday/respite setting and to escort guests on daily excursions.
Summary of Main Duties:
Delivery of care
• To carry out specific daily care for guests in accordance with individual care plans
• To assist in providing all aspects of care to our guests, giving attention to their social needs within our holiday environment. Providing care responsibility during trips and entertainment.
• Keeping accurate and thorough records of all guests on a daily basis.
• To work closely with volunteers of all ages and backgrounds, actively encouraging and supporting them in the care of our guests. To report any volunteer concerns or problems
• To report any information to the duty nurse regarding problems or changes in our guests’ condition/care requirements.
• Report all accidents and incidents relating to guests, volunteers and staff to the centre management team. Take appropriate action in each instance.
• Advising and actively supporting other staff and volunteers in the general care of guests.
• Report all complaints from guests to the duty manager immediately.
• Assist with daily routines within the centre.
• Attend staff meetings and training as required by the management team.
• To participate in training of other staff members, volunteers and students.
• Any other reasonable duties required by the management team in relation to the overall welfare of the guests and service.
• To have a commitment to uphold safe working practices within the boundaries of The Health and Safety at Work Act.
• To assist with maintenance, cleaning and redecoration when required.
• To drive a minibus for up to 8 people on daily excursions
• To ensure the safety of guests on vehicles through correct loading, clamping and belting
• To assist in cleaning the vehicles after use
• To make daily checks as required on oil, water, tyres, passenger restraints etc
• To assist in preparing documentation for each excursion and volunteer allocation
• To assist the management team in planning, assessing and delivering excursions
• To undertake any further training as necessary.
• To keep abreast of current trends in social care.
Health Care Assistant
This position requires the person to have at least an NVQ 2 or equivalent in Health and Social Care to be willing to undertake training to achieve NVQ2.
Skills and Experience
• Previous experience in a care setting is an advantage. Previous experience in working as part of a team in a work environment. To have worked with people with physical disabilities is an advantage.
• Excellent organisation, administrative, written and verbal skills.
• Reliable and enthusiastic team member
• Flexible and adaptable
• Ability to promote and secure professional standards within a holiday environment
• Good organisational skills.
• Good timekeeping.
• To be able to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work in a supportive and supervisory role to volunteers
Hong Kong SAR,Hong Kong SAR,Hong Kong SAR
16 Apr 2018
HK$420K to HK$600K pa
A design firm are strengthening their interiors team and are on the look out for a Senior Designer with a strong background in taking projects from start to finish. Candidates will ideally be able to create strong concepts and develop these
Birmingham,West Midlands,United Kingdom
09 Apr 2018
£35K to £60K pa
The role will require the successful candidate to provide Building Surveying and Contract Administration Services to both Landlord and Occupier clients in the office, industrial, retail, licensed & leisure and private healthcare sectors. The candidate will be expected to take ownership
02 Apr 2018
A fantastic Interior Design consultancy based in North London are seeking an Senior Interior Designer, experienced in luxury Residential projects. This is an opportunity to get involved with a large and luxurious international high-end residential design project. You must have at least
18 May 2018
Sales Executive - Warwickshire A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join a first class dealership as a Sales Executive within the Stratford upon Avon area. As an experienced Sales Executive you will already possess the ability to extract maximum profit from each deal,
Chiswick,G. London,United Kingdom
29 Mar 2018
£35K to £45K pa
I have an urgent opportunity for a technically capable, Vectorworks proficient Architect to work for a medium sized multi-disciplinary practice based in West London. This is a permanent position with long term growth and progression. You will be working within the
Crosby & Perrin Recruitment Solutions Ltd