Sharpe Recruitment Ltd
Newcastle,Tyne & Wear,United Kingdom
We are looking for a PHP Software Engineer to join a company based in central Newcastle building market leading SaaS Technology. They work with a lot of data, generating over a billion events across their infrastructure daily. They aim to make as much of this data available in real-time as possible, which is no mean feat at this scale! Their SaaS tech is powered by their REST APIs and everything is developed with an API-first approach.
As a PHP Software Engineer, here's what you will do:
• Work as a part of a cross-functional, delivery-focused team with engineers, QA and Product managers working together using Agile principles in a highly autonomous and collaborative environment
• Collaborate closely with the Lead Software Engineer on designing new features and seeing them through to completion
• Share knowledge, code and ideas across other teams - we use tribes to facilitate this
• Write clean, well-tested and refactored code
• Ensure code quality though pull requests
• Master a complex business domain
We hope you are a PHP Software Engineer with:
• Software engineering experience using one or more languages including PHP
• OO skills, strong design patterns knowledge
• Experience with Agile and Lean delivery approaches and modern engineering practices, such as clean code, TDD, refactoring, Continuous integration
• Experience in developing and consuming REST APIs
• The ability to communicate in a concise and focused way, listen to others, and practice patience
We also hope you have:
• Passion for close collaboration with QA engineers and Product managers
• Ability to break down a complex problem into more manageable chunks
• “Getting things done” attitude
What we’re offering the PHP Software Engineer:
• We strive to create a fun, friendly, and comfortable working environment.
• We believe a good work-life balance is essential.
• We're in this business for the long haul. We give our team time to think and to do things right.
• Our team is a democracy. Everybody has a voice in how things are done.
• We want our team to be the best they can be. Each person works with their manager to create and implement a personal development plan. We also offer some benefits such as a £500 personal development budget and access to Learnably.
If you are interested in the advertised position for a PHP Software Engineer please ‘Register your interest’ through the requested method and we will be in touch shortly with regards to your suitability for the role.
Sharpe Recruitment Ltd is a North East based consultancy, dedicated to placing professionals in rewarding jobs throughout the North of England across a variety of disciplines including Digital Media, Design, Development, Creative Advertising, Sales & Marketing, Tech & IT
£40k - £50k
Belfast,County Antrim,United Kingdom
24 Jan 2020
WEB CHAT ADVISOR
BASIC - £17,000
MONDAY 3RD FEB START
We are currently recruiting on behalf of one of the most well respected and recognised business services companies in the UK. They have an impressive customer base that continues to grow due
St Albans,Hertfordshire,United Kingdom
13 Nov 2018
Clearance Required: national Secret (e.g. SC) or NATO Secret.
Skills knowledge experience:
-Deep knowledge and experience with the NATO’s Operations Planning Process.
-Knowledge of NATO's doctrine and standards relevant to operational planning including, NATO's policies, processes and
City of London,G. London,United Kingdom
07 Jan 2020
£30K to £35K pa
An exceptionally creative branding design agency are looking for a midweight Designer to join their team. Based in West London, the agency work across various sectors predominantly fashion, beauty and food & beverage.
Brand creation experience is key for this role
Guernsey,Channel Islands,United Kingdom
16 Dec 2019
Our client is a fiduciary services company seeking to recruit a Fiduciary Administrator.
Overall purpose of the role:
Assist the fiduciary team members in all aspects of administration of Trusts, Companies and Pension
Schemes, reporting to the senior team members.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Liaising with
19 Nov 2019
£65K to £75K pa
An international, premium brand that showcases an impressive product portfolio is looking for a credible, creative and committed Head of Retail Design to deliver exceptional retail environments across a range of global regions.
This brand creates and executes leading shopping environments;