Sharpe Recruitment Ltd
Senior PHP Developer
£40k - £50k
Want to be part of a team transforming an entire industry?
We are working with an innovative company based in Durham building a platform which gathers huge amounts of data through various channels to populate the platform and make sure Clients receive the most accurate, real-time information as possible.
It’s like working for MI5, or the FBI. Except there’s fewer undercover missions (none) and more doughnuts (lots). OK – nothing like MI5. But they are continuing to evolve their platform, identifying new ideas and technology in order to create the most comprehensive and dynamic solution available. So, they’re still kind of a big deal!
They pride themelves on thinking differently, being bold and solving problems. Sound like a bit of you?
What we're looking for
As part of our continued growth, we now have an opening for a Senior PHP Developer to join our development team.
The Senior PHP Developer experience we need:
• Experience of the Lumen or Laravel Frameworks
• Strong Object-Oriented Design Skills
• RESTful APIs
• Test-driven development
• Appreciation of SOLID design principles
• Git Version Control
• Docker or other containerisation systems
And maybe, you’ve also got:
• Architectural design skills
• Prior work on public-facing applications and websites
• Experience of source control systems
• Experience and knowledge of mobile-first frontend development best practices
• Database design on large-scale databases (MySQL/Progress SQL/MariaDB/NoSQL)
• Continuous Integration systems such as Jenkins
About the Senior PHP Developer you are:
You’ll be very structured in your approach to problem solving, bringing fresh ideas and effective solutions to any challenges you encounter. You’ll be an energised, motivated and highly skilled application developer with experience designing, building, and maintaining highly scalable web based applications. You’ll be extremely confident in your own abilities, and whilst being a great team member, you’ll also flourish when working alone on certain tasks.
As an avid learner, you’ll seek out opportunities to improve what the business does, and also to enhance your own skill set. You’ll be the type of person who breeds enthusiasm for great development, and who can readily share knowledge with other team members.
What we can offer a Senior PHP Developer
• A competitive salary
• 33 days of holidays every year, including bank holidays
• Pension scheme
• Office banter that’s definitely above average
• Supportive, knowledgeable team mates with regular social events
• A brilliant working environment and facilities, including free parking
• Exciting opportunities to develop yourself and your career
• The chance to work for an ambitious, innovative new start up
• Plenty of doughnuts.
• This is a 9.00am until 5.00pm role, Monday to Friday.
If you are interested in the advertised position for a Senior PHP Developer please ‘Register your interest’ through the requested method and we will be in touch shortly with regards to your suitability for the role.
Sharpe Recruitment Ltd is a North East based consultancy, dedicated to placing professionals in rewarding jobs throughout the North of England across a variety of disciplines including Digital Media, Design, Development, Creative Advertising, Sales & Marketing, Tech & IT
£40k - £50k
St Albans,Hertfordshire,United Kingdom
13 Nov 2018
Clearance Required: national Secret (e.g. SC) or NATO Secret
Experience and Education:
•Minimum of 2 years of relevant working experience in IT Service Delivery Excellence, in particular measurement and reporting in Quality organisational entities:
•Significant working experience in Impact and Root Cause
Belfast,County Antrim,United Kingdom
01 Aug 2019
Fully Flexible 8AM - 8PM Monday - Sunday (38.75hrs)
*Salary £16,536 - £17,076 - With Monthly Bonuses (£18-£24 OTE)*
Immediate Starts Available!
For those looking for progression, it is a statistical fact that 79% of their current management, team leaders or any other senior
09 Jan 2020
Are you a Resourcer / Agency Recruiter, available immediately and open to supporting a client for 3 months in delivering volume hires? Our client is re-shaping it's business and as a result has 25 vacancies to recruit within the sales arena.
Crowborough,East Sussex,United Kingdom
14 Nov 2019
£25K to £32K pa
A fantastic opportunity has become available an Architectural Technician to work for an established practice based in East Sussex. This is a permanent position with a salary circa £30,000pa.
For this opportunity you will need at least 2 years industry experience. You'll
08 Aug 2019
This is an amazing opportunity for an Accountant who is looking to build on their practical accountancy experience gained to date.
Ideal candidates will have the following skillset:
• Qualified accountant (AAT/PQ CIMA- ACCA) part qualified but studying towards final exam
• Excellent communication skills