Sharpe Recruitment Ltd
Newcastle,Tyne & Wear,United Kingdom
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Newcastle upon Tyne, Work from Home for now then a mix of home and office working
Up to £45k DOE
We are looking for an experienced Software Quality Assurance Engineer to take ownership of driving a quality focused approach at all levels, encouraging this with your peers in the wider business. You will take a key position using your analytical skills, excellent attention to detail and ability to empathise with the end user to deliver excellent quality software. Alongside the team’s manager and product owner, you will collaborate closely with developers to ensure that quality practices are adhered to and that quality is built into all levels of the software produced. You will also proactively seek out ways to make the team’s quality assurance processes more efficient and reliable. The role will initially focus on manual testing, with a view to determining a path towards automated testing alongside this.
A typical week as a Software Quality Assurance Engineer might involve:
• Taking an active role in agile ceremonies such as refinement, kick-offs and retrospectives.
• Collaborating with the team to complete work within the allocated time.
• Encouraging and taking part in quality practices within the team, for example story kick offs and sign offs.
• Continually seeking to understand more about the end-user and develop a variety of use cases.
• Gaining a solid technical understanding of the applications to apply a risk-based approach to your testing.
• Analysing at what level testing should be completed to ensure the best quality product.
• Defining and capturing a range of test cases that best cover the requirements of each ticket.
• Working with developers to introduce, maintain and document automated test frameworks.
• Performing exploratory testing across the application to discuss edge cases and to refine the experience.
• Managing the team’s bug backlog by liaising with stakeholders to ensure priority and scheduling is set accordingly.
• Critiquing and analysing test process in order to continuously improve ways of working.
• Problem solving and defining test options to overcome barriers for delivery whilst maintaining safety and standards.
We are looking for a Software Quality Assurance Engineer who:
• Has a passion for software quality assurance and delivering an excellent experience to the end-user.
• Can demonstrate an understanding of web-based software and the variety of platforms involved.
• Has solid experience of the testing lifecycle within a fast-paced agile environment.
• Isn’t afraid to ask questions and get a thorough understanding.
• Ensures excellent time management and proper prioritisation of tasks.
• Can communicate well at various technical levels to ensure complex issues can be clearly understood.
• Loves to investigate and get to the root of a defect, utilising skills by querying a variety of data sources (PostgreSQL, error tracking services, application log files etc.)
• Takes a strong sense of ownership and responsibility for their and their team’s work.
• Prides themselves on collaboratively delivering excellent quality software by working together to resolve any defects raised.
• Can empathise with the range of end-users and see different scenarios from a variety of viewpoints.
• Seeks to identify and make improvements within the organisation.
• Has a strong desire to consistently improve themselves by expanding upon existing, and learning new, skills.
• Thrives on constantly looking for ways to improve the service testing provides and knows how to generate buy in
We would love a Software Quality Assurance Engineer who has some or all of the following:
• Quality Assurance / Testing experience in software, ideally web based applications.
• Experience working in an agile environment with short release cycles.
• Good understanding of agile quality assurance processes throughout the lifecycle.
• Exposure to defect management and lifecycle.
• Exposure to running and debugging automated test suites (Ideally Cypress, Nightwatch, Selenium or similar for FE, Pest or similar for BE PHP)
• Exposure to API testing tools such as Postman.
• ISEB/ISTQB Foundation in Software Testing or similar
We care much more about the person you are, how you think and approach things than a list of qualifications and ‘buzzwords’ on a CV. If you can’t answer ‘yes’ to all of the above, but are a smart, self-motivated individual who is passionate about delivering an excellent end-user experience, please get in touch.
If you are interested in the advertised position for a Software Quality Assurance Engineer please ‘Register your interest’ through the requested method and we will be in touch shortly with regards to your suitability for the role. Please do not apply unless you are already eligible to work in the UK. We do not respond to applicants who do not meet this criteria.
Sharpe Recruitment Ltd is a North East based consultancy, dedicated to placing professionals in rewarding jobs throughout the UK across a variety of disciplines including Tech, IT, Software Development, Design and Marketing.
Bromsgrove,Hereford and Worcester,United Kingdom
01 Jan 1900
A Customer Service Advisor is required on the busy service desk of our dealership client in Bromsgrove
> Basic salary of £22,000 - £24,000
> Team and individual incentives
> Training provided
> Well established dealer with a great reputation
> Quality volume brand
Do you have
08 Sep 2021
Spa Beauty Therapist - Staffordshire
Flexible working contract to accommodate part time, full time hours or ad hoc shifts.
Our award-winning clients are looking for a new member of their bank staff to help the Spa when they need them most! for the
West Bromwich,Staffordshire,United Kingdom
11 Jul 2019
Black Country Women’s Aid
Let us introduce ourselves…
Black Country Women’s Aid (BCWA) is an established charity working across the Black Country and wider West Midlands providing accommodation and community support services to victims of domestic abuse, sexual abuse, and human
Guernsey,Channel Islands,United Kingdom
21 May 2021
Our client is a private bank and wealth management company seeking to recruit a Trust Relationship Contractor to provide a maternity cover for a period of 6 months.
Key responsibilities will include;
• Provide general admin support to the Trust Relationship Managers
• Assisting the Trust
St Albans,Hertfordshire,United Kingdom
14 Nov 2018
Clearance Required: National Secret (e.g. SC) or NATO Secret
- Applications Support: Java, Spring,
- CI/CD: Jenkins (inc groovy) & Terraform
- Platform & Cloud: Docker/Kubernetes/Helm, AWS
- Applications: Swagger, Groovy/Grails
- Experience of supporting applications monitored using Dynatrace (or