Sharpe Recruitment Ltd
Newcastle,Tyne & Wear,United Kingdom
Software Tester (Selenium)
Newcastle upon Tyne
We are working with a market leading SaaS technology company to help them hire a new Software Tester using Selenium. At the heart of their platform they track performance marketing data and build a number of solutions to turn this data into useful information for customers. They work with a LOT of data, generating over a billion events across their infrastructure daily. They aim to make as much of this data available in real-time as possible, which is no mean feat at this scale! Their platform is API-led and there is no trickery done behind the scenes - customers have access to all of their data all of the time.
For testing they run their automated frameworks in Ruby, using Selenium webdriver for the UI tests.
They primarily work on Macbooks with a RedHat virtual machine test environment. You can expect to be supported in your passion for Testing with the opportunities and time to branch out into specialisms such as Load, Performance and Security testing. Your opinions and input are always valued.
Their development teams are multidisciplinary with engineers, QA, and analysts working together using Agile principles. Each team is independently organised, deciding their own workflow for solving the problems presented to them. They use tribes to share knowledge and ideas across the teams, and to make team-spanning decisions such as coding standards.
The Software Tester (Selenium) they’re looking for:
• Their culture and work environment are very important to them. Above all else they value people with a positive attitude and a good work ethic.
• They love self-motivation and a passion for knowledge, as well as those who put their team above themselves.
• This is a senior role so demonstrable experience of good software engineering is essential.
They are looking for a passionate Tester from a technical background who has experience in, or is willing to learn, manual and automated API/Front-end testing as part of an Agile Scrum team.
• They encourage a mindset of quality and doing the right thing; ego has no place there.
• Collaboration is the foundation of their culture. The ability to communicate in a concise and focused way, really listen to others, and practice patience are all excellent traits to have.
• They want to help our people develop themselves professionally and personally. The desire to mentor and support those that are working towards obtaining all the above qualities helps them achieve that.
What they’re offering Software Testers (Selenium):
• They strive to create a fun, friendly, and comfortable working environment.
• They believe a good work-life balance is essential.
• They're in this business for the long haul. They give their team time to think and to do things right.
• Their team is a democracy. Everybody has a voice in how things are done.
• They want their team to be the best they can be. Each person works with their manager to create and implement a personal development plan. They also offer some benefits such as a £500 personal development budget and access to Learnably.
If you are interested in the advertised position for a Software Tester (Selenium) please ‘Register your interest’ through the requested method and we will be in touch shortly with regards to your suitability for the role.
Sharpe Recruitment Ltd is a North East based consultancy, dedicated to placing professionals in rewarding jobs throughout the North of England across a variety of disciplines including Digital Media, Design, Development, Creative Advertising, Sales & Marketing, Tech & IT
£30k - £40k
27 Jan 2020
£19K to £22K pa
Our client is an independent luxurious four star golf and spa resort set in over 100 acres of meadowland and hidden amongst the breath taking valleys of south east Wales. They are one of the leading destinations for spa breaks and
Newcastle upon Tyne,Northumberland,United Kingdom
21 Jan 2020
Competitive Monthly Bonuses with a salary of £18,600
Here at RedDot we are recruiting for our new client! We are looking for committed people who are willing to join one of the largest organisations in the UK.
Could this be you?
About the role…
20 Jan 2020
Medicall Recruitment are currently recruiting for a service based in the Newport area in Shropshire. We are recruiting for a Registered Nurse to join this medium, fully compliant service. This service provides nursing and residential care for elderly residents.
This service is
Southwark,G. London,United Kingdom
20 Jan 2020
Team Leader Retail - London - Contract
Senior Interior Designer? or perhaps an Architect with extensive Interiors experience? This is a really exciting scheme to kick off the twenty twenty's.
Starting in January this firm are at the earliest of stages on an
Newcastle,Tyne & Wear,United Kingdom
07 Jun 2017
£60K to £65K pa
Do you have Software/ SaaS sales experience? APPLY NOW for more information about joining this International Software Vendor at a time of rapid growth and expansion across the EMEA region. Enjoy very lucrative remuneration and rapid career progression.
Job Title: Business