Amida Recruitment Ltd
Kings Cross,G. London,United Kingdom
Managing Director / Project Manager
About Steel Warriors:
Steel Warriors is a London based charity tackling knife crime in the UK. They melt down knives taken off the street and recycle them into free outdoor calisthenics gyms. These gyms not only look to ignite conversations in local communities about knife crime, they also stand to give young people a free facility where they can gain more physical confidence.
Steel Warriors have so far reached over 800m people with the launch of their charity and have received support from a range of influential people like boxer Anthony Joshua and businesses across the construction sector as well as Sky and Co-op.
“While there is no one quick fix, no single answer, there are non-profit groups out there working to tackle the crisis at its core – and you’ll find few as innovative as Steel Warriors” (Red Bull)
Steel Warriors have big and exciting plans for the future and are looking for the right person to manage the realisation of those ambitions.
Experience and qualifications needed:
This candidate must be an experienced Project Manager, with the ability to work at a strategic and at an operational level to execute the production and installation of gyms across a number of sites and to manage a growing team as well as pro bono partners. The candidate must have a deep interest in the charitable sector, social action and the growing issue of knife crime in the UK.
Key requirements include:
- Charitable experience;
- Degree educated with relevant post graduate experience in project management with circa 4 years of experience;
- Experience in the tendering and procurement of construction projects; - Experience in planning applications;
- Experience in production processes and the execution and administration of construction contracts; and
- Experience in working with multiple clients at the same time.
Key features of the Job:
The Job is varied in nature and the candidate must be open to supporting the charity's activities across a wide range of different areas.
The nature of the role may change depending on the pressure points of the project.
1. To develop and update the overall Steel Warriors strategy and plan.
2. Take an active interest and involvement in the growing issue of knife crime.
3. Oversee and manage the overall delivery of over 20 gyms across the UK by 2022.
4. Manage a wide number of partners and internal team members to ensure the delivery of the project against tight timelines.
5. Build visions and roadmaps for viable programmes that are built around a wide number of paying and pro bono partners going forwards.
6. Set up risk mitigation strategies and insurance.
7. Sustain, develop and manage (with our founder) personal relationships with key stakeholders: Board of Trustees, Advisory Board, pro bono supporters, big funders, public donors, contractors and local councils.
8. Develop new relationships with pro bono partners.
9. Support the founders as the main public faces of the organization.
10. Procure the relevant work packages and/or contractor to construct each gym
11. Collate, execute and administer the contracts for each of the gyms
12. Create budget forecasts for approval and track and forecast the cost vs income. Liaise with accountants in the financial performance of the charity.
13. Oversee the day to day running of the organisation and all employees.
14. Onboard employees and handle management matters.
15. Arrange and plan charity Advisory Board meetings and provide relevant reports to advise the Advisory Board and Board of Trustees.
As General Manager you will take direction from our founder. You will be guided by him yet take initiative. You will check in with this founder regularly and provide him with clear updates and progress reports.
This role will also involve working closely with, and managing our growing team.
• Drive, enthusiasm.
• A keen and effective networker.
• A natural work ethic and consistent worker.
• Key problem-solving mentality and excellent sense of initiative.
• Strong interest in the issue of knife crime and charity work.
• Exceptional management skills.
• Interpersonal strengths: sustaining range of relationships, working effectively with all team members.
• Openness to take direction and enthusiasm to listen and execute. • Ability to lead and plan grand visions.
• First class oral and written communication skills.
• Sufficient IT and organizational skills and familiarity with Project Management software.
• Sufficient comfort with numbers and money to be on top of the finances inclusive of cash flow, budgeting, forecasting and reporting.
This is a role that requires an individual that has a desire to believe and make a difference. If that is you, email your application to Leanne.firstname.lastname@example.org
04 Dec 2019
£48K to £55K pa
Alexander James Recruiting is currently working with a leading supplier of various automation and material handling systems who now require a new Project Sales Manager to join their business. With a competitive package and scope for growth this is a great
28 Nov 2019
Do you have any Recruitment experience? Are you based locally to Cannock and seeking a new role?
Due to 2020 expansion plans, Kingscroft are on the lookout for new Recruitment Consultants to join the team at our Heath Hayes offices. The role
Birmingham,West Midlands,United Kingdom
26 Nov 2019
Medicall Recruitment are currently recruiting for a service based in the Birmingham area. We are re-cruiting for a Registered Nurse to join this fully compliant service. This large service provides nursing and residential care for elderly residents, younger adults and also
Belfast,County Antrim,United Kingdom
01 Aug 2019
Telesales Advisor - £17,000 Basic + Uncapped Commission OTE £33,000
4 day working week (Monday - Friday working hours)
**Opportunities for progression**
Red Dot Recruitment are in partnership working alongside truly amazing clients located in Belfast,
who are looking for enthusiastic Telesales Advisors to
Belfast,County Antrim,United Kingdom
13 Nov 2019
£17,750 to £22,750 pa
Inbound Customer Sales Advisor
35 hours per week
£17,750 Basic + Monthly bonus
My client are building their current teams and seeking new talent to drive the business forward. This role involves understanding customer requirements and identifying the best solution