Amida Recruitment Ltd
Kings Cross,G. London,United Kingdom
Managing Director / Project Manager
About Steel Warriors:
Steel Warriors is a London based charity tackling knife crime in the UK. They melt down knives taken off the street and recycle them into free outdoor calisthenics gyms. These gyms not only look to ignite conversations in local communities about knife crime, they also stand to give young people a free facility where they can gain more physical confidence.
Steel Warriors have so far reached over 800m people with the launch of their charity and have received support from a range of influential people like boxer Anthony Joshua and businesses across the construction sector as well as Sky and Co-op.
“While there is no one quick fix, no single answer, there are non-profit groups out there working to tackle the crisis at its core – and you’ll find few as innovative as Steel Warriors” (Red Bull)
Steel Warriors have big and exciting plans for the future and are looking for the right person to manage the realisation of those ambitions.
Experience and qualifications needed:
This candidate must be an experienced Project Manager, with the ability to work at a strategic and at an operational level to execute the production and installation of gyms across a number of sites and to manage a growing team as well as pro bono partners. The candidate must have a deep interest in the charitable sector, social action and the growing issue of knife crime in the UK.
Key requirements include:
- Charitable experience;
- Degree educated with relevant post graduate experience in project management with circa 4 years of experience;
- Experience in the tendering and procurement of construction projects; - Experience in planning applications;
- Experience in production processes and the execution and administration of construction contracts; and
- Experience in working with multiple clients at the same time.
Key features of the Job:
The Job is varied in nature and the candidate must be open to supporting the charity's activities across a wide range of different areas.
The nature of the role may change depending on the pressure points of the project.
1. To develop and update the overall Steel Warriors strategy and plan.
2. Take an active interest and involvement in the growing issue of knife crime.
3. Oversee and manage the overall delivery of over 20 gyms across the UK by 2022.
4. Manage a wide number of partners and internal team members to ensure the delivery of the project against tight timelines.
5. Build visions and roadmaps for viable programmes that are built around a wide number of paying and pro bono partners going forwards.
6. Set up risk mitigation strategies and insurance.
7. Sustain, develop and manage (with our founder) personal relationships with key stakeholders: Board of Trustees, Advisory Board, pro bono supporters, big funders, public donors, contractors and local councils.
8. Develop new relationships with pro bono partners.
9. Support the founders as the main public faces of the organization.
10. Procure the relevant work packages and/or contractor to construct each gym
11. Collate, execute and administer the contracts for each of the gyms
12. Create budget forecasts for approval and track and forecast the cost vs income. Liaise with accountants in the financial performance of the charity.
13. Oversee the day to day running of the organisation and all employees.
14. Onboard employees and handle management matters.
15. Arrange and plan charity Advisory Board meetings and provide relevant reports to advise the Advisory Board and Board of Trustees.
As General Manager you will take direction from our founder. You will be guided by him yet take initiative. You will check in with this founder regularly and provide him with clear updates and progress reports.
This role will also involve working closely with, and managing our growing team.
• Drive, enthusiasm.
• A keen and effective networker.
• A natural work ethic and consistent worker.
• Key problem-solving mentality and excellent sense of initiative.
• Strong interest in the issue of knife crime and charity work.
• Exceptional management skills.
• Interpersonal strengths: sustaining range of relationships, working effectively with all team members.
• Openness to take direction and enthusiasm to listen and execute. • Ability to lead and plan grand visions.
• First class oral and written communication skills.
• Sufficient IT and organizational skills and familiarity with Project Management software.
• Sufficient comfort with numbers and money to be on top of the finances inclusive of cash flow, budgeting, forecasting and reporting.
This is a role that requires an individual that has a desire to believe and make a difference. If that is you, email your application to Leanne.firstname.lastname@example.org
15 Aug 2019
Vehicle Parts Advisor
£19,000 - £21,000 DoE + OTE
Significant opportunity to advance your career
Host of fantastic company benefits
At least two years’ experience as a Parts Advisor within a main franchised dealership
A proven good record of attendance and time keeping
A vigilance for
06 Aug 2019
An amazing opportunity has become available for an architect to work at a fantastic company based in Norwich. This is for a driven and committed individual to work on a both residential and commercial projects. Salary is dependant on experience but
01 Aug 2019
£35K to £45K pa
An unmissable opportunity for an extremely talented Visualiser with a internationally renowned Branding studio located in the beating heart of London...
This opportunity is not something comes around often and is for a Visualiser of the highest calibre. You will be
Manchester,Greater Manchester,United Kingdom
26 Jul 2019
£21K to £37K pa
Aspiring IT Recruiter who is keen to progress in their recruitment career?
Not getting what you need from your current position? Hopefully this will help..
We are working with a client who wants to speak with experienced recruiters within IT markets.
Their ideal candidate
City of London,G. London,United Kingdom
22 Jul 2019
£30K to £34K pa
The worlds leading independent brand experience / exhibition design agency in Central London, is looking for a Mid-Weight 3D Designer to join their team. This is a great opportunity to get stuck into a fast paced environment working on multiple projects