Systems Administrator - Unix
You will form a critical part of the Global Operations Infrastructure Team, reporting into the Infrastructure Team Lead you will be responsible for managing, maintaining and supporting customers test and production systems on the Windows platform utilised by millions of travellers around the world on a daily basis.
This role is responsible for maintaining and supporting customers test and production systems on the Linux platform utilised by millions of travelers around the world on a daily basis.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Systems Administration of Unix systems, implementation, maintenance, documentation and troubleshooting. Preferably Centos / RedHat / Solaris
• Maintain an estate of Linux servers running mission critical server roles and customer applications
• Ensure all servers are kept up to date with the latest security patches, deployed and updated via Spacewalk / Katello or equivalent third-party software
• Perform day-to-day application administration
• Provide 3rd line support to critical incidents
• Install and upgrade applications on QA, Staging and Production platforms
• Provide guidance and recommendations on all backend OS’s and infrastructure in relation to application function and performance
• In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder is required to perform other duties assigned by their manager from time-to-time, as may be reasonably required of them
Minimum Job Requirements:
Skills knowledge and experience:
• Experience as UNIX systems administrator
• In depth understanding of System Administration and principles.
• ITIL experience
• Must have excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
• Knowledge of Azure & Cloud based technologies
• Knowledge of VMWARE
• Knowledge of Wndows based systems
Education and qualifications
• NVQ Level 3 in IT or other related discipline or equivalent experience
• ITIL Foundation
• A university degree in a numerate subject (e.g. Computer Science, maths, engineering, natural science)